Texto 3
DEATH TOLL RISES TO 30 FROM CHINA COAL MINE LEAK
[5] The death toll from a coal mine gas leak in
central China rose to 30 Monday after rescue
workers discovered four more bodies, state
media said Monday. Seven others remain
[10] trapped underground, but their chances of
survival are slim, rescue crews fear. More than
2,500 metric tons of coal dust smothered the
pit after the gas leak, hampering efforts to
reach the miners, said Du Bo, deputy chief of
[15] the rescue headquarters. He comments were
reported by the Xinhua news agency. The gas
leak occurred in Henan province when 276
miners were working underground. A total of
239 workers escaped, Xinhua said. An initial
[20] investigation showed that 173,500 cubic meters
of gas leaked out in the accident. The same
mine reported another explosion in August
2008, that killed 23 miners. China has one of
the world's deadliest records for miners, with
[25] poor safety standards accounting for thousands
of deaths each year. Earlier last week, China
announced it had closed 1,355 small coal
mines this year, Xinhua said. The effort was
part of a larger plan by the National Energy
[30] Administration to restructure the mining
industry to prevent deadly accidents and reduce
greenhouse gas emissions, the news agency
said.
Fonte: http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/10/18/china.m iners/index.html?iref=allsearch (Acessado e adaptado em 08/10/10)
Assinale a alternativa correta.